Do you need to insulate a new home or commercial building? If you’re in Largo, Florida or a surrounding area, Installed Building Products of Tampa is the company you need. We work with homeowners, builders and contractors to install spray foam for new construction and retrofit projects.
Contact if you’re ready to begin your insulation project, or keep reading to learn more about foam insulation!
About Spray Foam
Due to its total coverage and the tight seal it creates, spray foam insulation is ideal for small gaps, crevices, and cracks in your home’s envelope, as well as around piping and ductwork. It is applied in liquid form and dries quickly, expanding into thick foam.
Spray foam insulation can help:
- Reduce your energy bills and maximize the energy efficiency of your home or building
- Make your home or building more comfortable year round
- Reduce noises from both outside and inside, between different rooms and levels
- Improve the performance of your HVAC systems
- Contribute to a healthier environment
Foam Insulation Contractors Serving Largo, FL
No matter your needs, we can help. A part of the Installed Building Products family of companies, IBP of Tampa offers the knowledge, experience and resources that few local insulation companies can match. Consider your search for “insulation contractors near me” over! Call our experienced team or contact us online.
Spray Foam Insulation FAQs
Is there a difference between closed-cell and open-cell insulation?
- Open-cell foam – Open-cell foam is full of cells that aren’t completely encapsulated. This makes the foam a softer, more flexible material.
- Closed-cell foam – Closed-cell spray foam is made up of cells that are completely closed. This type of insulation is much more rigid and stable than open-cell foam.
Spray foam vs. fiberglass insulation?
- Spray foam – This type of insulation has a higher R-value, meaning it’s effective in resisting airflow. While spray foam costs more, it will definitely pay off on your Largo home’s energy bills in the long run.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass is a cheaper insulation option, and is also a great option for attics.
Spray foam vs. rigid foam insulation?
- Spray foam – Spray foam is perfect for air sealing since the foam expands to fill gaps and cracks. This type of insulation also has a higher R-value for your Largo home.
- Rigid foam – This type of insulation is less messy and provides excellent air sealing. The installation process for rigid foam takes a longer amount of time than spray foam insulation.
Spray foam vs. rockwool insulation?
- Spray foam – Spray foam insulation stays in place, meaning it won’t shift, settle, or fall out of place in your Largo home.
- Rockwool – This type of insulation is fire resistant and water repellant. Rockwool insulation also has great thermal insulation properties.