Talk to Installed Building Products of Tampa today for basement insulation services in the Tampa Bay area. Our specialists provide re-insulation services, new construction insulation services and renovation insulation services. If you would like to install exposed insulation in your basement or increase what you already have, our team can help you decide your next steps. We offer a wide array of basement insulation options to fit your needs.
For basement insulation installation in your Tampa home, contact IBP Tampa online or call (813) 280-5007 to speak to a Tampa insulation expert today!
Basement insulation installation can cut your energy costs as well as make your home more comfortable year-round. There are different options for insulating basements:
- Exterior wall insulation
- Interior wall insulation
- Ceiling insulation
Not sure which option best fits your basement insulation installation needs? Talk with one of our specialists today to find the right solution for your basement insulation project.
Basement Insulation Installation Specifics
Because the basement is more connected to other living spaces than the outside of the house, insulating basement walls is preferable to insulating the basement ceiling. Each has its own advantages.
Exterior wall basement insulation:
- Requires less insulation than insulating the basement’s ceiling
- Maintains continuous thermal and air leakage boundaries
- Reduces heat loss through the foundation of your home
- Allows for minimal increase in the size of heating and cooling equipment
- Reduces the risk of condensation and mildew in the basement
Interior basement ceiling insulation (often the more cost-effective option for insulating your basement):
- Is less expensive to install, especially for pre-existing buildings
- Uses almost any material (blown-in cellulose, fiberglass, etc.)
- Eliminates insect infestation
- Is isolated from the cold climate outdoors, compared to exterior wall insulation
Types of Insulation for Basements
As stated above, we can use several different types of insulation for your Tampa basement, including:
- Spray foam: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Rockwool: Rockwool insulation is made of rocks and minerals spun into small, temperature-resistant fibers. It also has soundproofing benefits!
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass, which has been used to insulate homes for decades, is available as loose-fill or batts. Fiberglass is made of tiny glass fibers and is often installed in attics but can be used to insulate basement walls as well.
Basement Insulation Contractors Serving Tampa, FL
Although there are advantages and disadvantages of installing interior and exterior basement insulation, the choice is ultimately yours. Talk with one of IBP of Tampa’s experts today and see what option is right for you. We can inspect your space and provide you with an estimate for your basement insulation project at no cost!
If you are looking to increase your home’s energy efficiency, there is no better time than now to start on your basement insulation installation project! We stand behind our promise of reliable, quality service to each and every one of our customers.
Here at IBP of Tampa, we understand the importance of having properly installed insulation in the lower levels of your home (we also offer crawl space insulation). Not only can proper insulation significantly lower your energy costs, it can also make your home more comfortable year-round.
To schedule your basement insulation project in the Tampa, Florida area, contact us today!
Our Service Area
Installed Building Products of Tampa can provide an assessment for all of your basement insulation needs. We service areas in Florida around Bradenton, Brandon, Brooksville, Clearwater, Dade City, Dunedin, Egypt Lake-Leto, Lakeland, Largo, New Port Richey, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Plant City, San Antonio, Sarasota, Spring Hill, St. Petersburg, Tarpon Springs, Wesley Chapel, and Zephyrhills.