As in other coastal areas in Florida, Tampa’s advantageous location means both beautiful beaches and a high risk of hurricane damage. Fortunately, with protective measures like hurricane shutters, Tampa residents can protect their property, no matter what may come.
That’s why Installed Building Products of Tampa offers a variety of hurricane shutters for your home or condo.
For all your hurricane shutter needs, trust IBP of Tampa. Start by calling our team at 813-280-5007.
What Are Hurricane Shutters?
Hurricane shutters are a special type of shutter designed to protect your home or condo from hurricanes and other major storms. Extraordinarily dependable, these shutters can be made from a variety of materials, including plywood, aluminum, polycarbonate plastic and exceptionally strong fabrics.
They come in five basic styles:
- Plywood: This affordable DIY method can work well for temporary protection of first-floor windows. It’s not a good option for long-term security or upper floors.
- Colonial: Consisting of two panels attached via hinges on the sides of windows, colonial shutters look similar to decorative shutters and are made of wood or aluminum.
- Bahama: This style is louvered and attaches to hinges at the top of the window, providing a type of canopy to keep debris away from the home. Although effective, these shutters can obstruct natural light or window views.
- Accordion: These shutters unfold across a window via a metal track to protect it from storm debris. They’re typically aluminum and very dependable. Many homeowners choose them for large areas of glass like picture windows or sliding glass doors.
- Roll-down: One of the strongest types of storm shutters, roll-down hurricane shutters are made of polycarbonate plastic or aluminum and are installed in an enclosed box that goes above the tops of windows.
Call IBP of Tampa at 813-280-5007 to learn more about the types of hurricane shutters that are available.
Hurricane Shutters for Home Protection
Storm or hurricane shutters can reduce damage to your home by protecting your windows and doors from debris. They’re so effective that some insurance companies will even reduce your premium if you have them installed.
Hurricane shutters can also increase your home’s security, curb appeal and energy efficiency by creating more shade. Each material and type has its own unique benefits and limitations when it comes to the level of storm forces it can protect against.
Let the experienced experts at IBP of Tampa help you determine which type of hurricane shutter is right for your Tampa home.
Call 813-280-5007 today to get started.
Trust IBP of Tampa for Hurricane Shutters
We’re proud to deliver a range of trusted services to our neighbors throughout the Tampa area. Whether you’re looking to install hurricane shutters in time for this year’s season, or you need additional insulation to help beat the summer heat, we have the right products and professionals to help.
Trust IBP of Tampa to protect your home all year. Call 813-280-5007 to get started today.